Monday, January 12, 2015

Elder Adamson's Letter 1/12/2015

Howdy! It´s been a great week.  I love Granada.
Since I emailed you on Tuesday last week you already know a good part of what I did, but here´s the rest of the highlights.

On Tuesday night we went out to the Bishop´s pueblo to have dinner with them.  They make some really good food.  We shared a little message about the new year and setting goals and I was on the floor pumping out pushups for the sake of a good demonstration.  (I did 40 by the way ;) )

This week we got to see Hilda.  She had a friend over this week who turned into a new investigator.  We had a great lesson with them.  Hilda lives in a pueblo that´s about 30 minutes away from Granada and there are no buses on Sunday mornings so she doesn´t really have a way to get to church but she´s asking around with all her friends so she can keep coming.  She told us that she spent 10 years of her life without the church and now that she´s found it again, she´ll never leave it.  I love to see such sincere and repentant people like her.  Meeting her has been one of the sweetest experiences of my mission.

This week I also got to do an intercambio with my trainer Elder Galarza.  He came to Granada after our zone meeting and we had a blast together.  We taught really well together and I had a great time being his companion again for a day.  When we went to make the change, I got to drive all the way out to Jaén and the drive is really beautiful.  Tons of olive trees and some really pretty mountains.

After we came home from the intercambio we had the opportunity to attend the funeral of a member of our ward.  We had just been in his house last Sunday to take him the sacrament and we were very thankful for the privilege that we had to be the ones to represent the Lord in allowing Federico to renew his covenants one more time in his earth life.  Taking the sacrament to members is always special.

This week I read in D&C 1 and there was a part that stuck out to me as I read.

19 The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones, that man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh—

 20 But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world;

 21 That faith also might increase in the earth;

 22 That mine everlasting covenant might be established;

 23 That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.

It isn´t a prerequisite to be a strong person to be able to share the gospel, and that is not what the Lord wants.  He will teach us over and over again, and I have learned over and over again that we must have weaknesses, but that with our humility and His help, we can overcome them and become strong, effective servants of the Lord.  All the Lord wants is for us to become better and more like Him, we just need to let Him mold us into more perfect children and heirs of our Heavenly Father.



I´ve attached some pictures of me and all the missionaries from my MTC group who were at concilio last week.




No comments:

Post a Comment