Monday, December 1, 2014

Elder Adamson's Letter 12/1/2014

Hello everyone!  I hope you've all had a great Thanksgiving.  We still haven't celebrated it yet but we will this week after Zone Meeting.  The members from an American branch are going to feed us in Puerto de Santa María and we're all looking forward to it. 
Here's what happened this week.  It's been CRAZY.

On Monday, we went to Cádiz for P-day and hung out with the missionaries there and played a little foosball and ping pong, which is one of my newly acquired talents since being on the mission.  In the afternoon we had a cita with Lucas, María and the kids and a member named Yolanda came with us who works in the primary.  We had a really good lesson about the restoration and Celia was literally taking notes the whole time.  These kids have better studying habits as 11 year old kids than I had as a Senior in high school.  They're really bright.  The lesson went great and we've got a great friendship going with the family now, so that's good.

On Tuesday, we had our interviews with President which was amazing as always.  We had a great cita with David and Ángela and talked about temples and family history work.  The lesson went well and Ángela has stopped drinking coffee so from that day, the baptism was on for Sunday so we started the preparations that same day.  This week we taught her the rest of lesson 5 and got the interview done and she was ready to get baptized.  She was baptized last night and the service turned out great. We were running back and forth all afternoon from filling the font and getting everything ready.  When she got up after she was baptized she shared the story of the prodigal son and how when he came home, his family threw a party for him.  She said that she felt like her baptism was the party we were throwing for her and that she feels like she's at home in the church.  Great night.



Wednesday, Elder Lelegren and I got to go to Málaga to do an intercambio with the Assistants to the President.  WOW.  We had a great time there.  I went with Elder Rojas who is one of the most amazing missionaries out there. I learned so much from him.  He truly works with the Spirit.  Elder Rojas is an amazing example of charity and a consecrated missionary. I wish you could meet him.
Friday, we had an intercambio with Cádiz.  I went to Cádiz with Elder Jack and it was fun to see all the progress he has made in just one transfer as a new missionary.  I have come to love intercambios.

On Saturday night, we found a new investigator from Honduras named Osman.   I'm so used to hearing Andaluz accents here in San Fernando (since that's all there is) that anything else just sounds weird.  We had a good lesson with him and scheduled a return appointment for next week.

Between all the things we've had to do this week I have been pretty stressed out, but now most of the stressful stuff is over so things are a little more calm now.
On Friday we had an amazing district meeting (one of the most spiritual we have ever had) and we started off talking about the miracles that we have seen on our missions.  Everyone shared a short story and I was amazed at all of the miracles people have seen on their missions.  That got the meeting off to a great start and the Spirit was very strong.  After that we talked about how Christ can multiply our efforts just like he multiplied the bread and fishes to feed the multitude of the 5000.  We read about Enoch in the book of Moses 6 when he was called to preach to the people. When called this was Enoch's response:

"And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?"

I think we have all felt like that.  Sometimes we feel like we are too weak, too small, and too unimportant and we don recognize the potential we have with God.  This was the response that the Lord gave him.

"Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.  Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you. Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.
"
Enoch listened to the Lord, and exercised faith in His promises.  This is what happened through that same Enoch that was worried about preaching to the people because he was slow of speech.

"And so great was the faith of Enoch that he led the people of God, and their enemies came to battle against them; and he spake the word of the Lord, and the earth trembled, and the mountains fled, even according to his command; and the rivers of water were turned out of their course; and the roar of the lions was heard out of the wilderness; and all nations feared greatly, so powerful was the word of Enoch, and so great was the power of the language which God had given him."
Let that be a lesson to us of how the Lord works through us, and also of how he can multiply our efforts and works miracles through us.

That's all for this week!  Love you all and I hope you've been putting the Christmas music on today.  It's time.
Love,
Elder Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment