Monday, May 11, 2015

Elder Adamson's Letter 5/11/2015

Hello everyone!

Well I don´t have a lot to tell this week because we talked about a lot over skype, but here were the highlights of the week.

We had our mission conference this week in Sevilla with Elder Dyches and Elder Allen.  It was awesome to be there with the whole mission and to hear from them.  We talked about how our mission is going to be receiving ipads soon. A big part of using technology is going to be training us how to use it for during the mission and after so that we always have a good, righteous purpose when we use it.  We talked a lot about the power of our agency and that we should use our agency and not be acted upon by other things.  We all learned a lot and it was an awesome conference.


As for P and S they still haven´t been baptized and we´re hoping that this weekend things will work out.     They´re both really prepared and ready.  It's pretty interesting with them because there are no young men in the branch with the age of S and I think he's ok with it.  We really want to focus on him so he can be a pillar to build off of and make a strong young men's program with him and a few less active boys we have here.  Anyway, things are going really well with them.

For P-day today we went to a pueblo called Alcántara and saw a Roman bridge from the second century.         It´s supposedly one of the best preserved roman bridges in the world.  It was pretty cool, though.




That´s about it for this week.  Next weeks letter will be a lot more exciting.  

Lately I´ve been thinking a lot about the disciple of Christ that I want to be and there is a phrase from conference that always comes to my mind from one of the talks.  I can´t remember who said it but it was something like "Small acts of discipleship can spark a bonfire of consecration".  I've been thinking about that a lot lately.  Consecration doesn't happen over night but as we try to be consistent and sincere followers of Christ, we will be able to become his consecrated servants.

Hope you have a great week and I love you tons!

Love,
Elder Adamson


          Three Generations - here is my trainer, Elder Galarza, (my dad) me, and my son, Elder Lelegren





 

No comments:

Post a Comment