Monday, May 25, 2015

Elder Adamson's Letter 5/25/2015




Hello everyone!

It´s been a pretty normal week, but we´ve seen a lot of progress in the area.  Transfers are next week so we got our transfer calls this weekend.  Elder González is going home and he leaves here on Wednesday to go to Málaga.  My new companion is going to be Elder Francia. He´s coming from Crevillente which is on the east coast side of the mission and I´m going to be finishing his training.  I´m not really sure where he´s from because   he´s new and I don´t know him, but he´s South-American and he lives in Madrid.  I´m excited to meet him this week.  He´ll be my last companion so hopefully I´ll be able to polish off my Spanish with him before I go home.  I haven´t had a native companion since my trainer, Elder Galarza.  I´ll tell you more about him next week when I meet him.

This week we´ve been working with P and S a lot more.  P is making a lot of progress and she´s thinking a lot about baptism. She was able to talk to President Deere last week and I think that helped her a lot.  She really just needs to make the decision to be baptized because she is more than ready to make the step.  We´re trying to persuade her toward that without pushing her into it and we trust that she´s going to make the decision here pretty soon. S still isn´t sure about anything.  It´s hard to get him to commit to a date, but       he´s reading what we leave him and praying every day.

This week we found a new investigator named Y.  She is from Bolivia and works taking care of an elderly woman.  We´ve met with her 3 times this week in a park near her job and she´s doing well.  She´s even introduced us to a few of her friends that live in her piso so we´re planning on going to her house next week to teach them.

This weekend we played soccer again and S came.  He says that he   doesn´t even like soccer but he plays really well. We also got A there (less active) and a few other friends.  We had tons of fun, but I got a little sunburned, but I´m starting to get pretty tan now.  The only bad part is that the tan line is from my collar and is very defined.

I don´t have a lot to write about this week because there hasn´t been a ton going on, but it´s been a good week.  I´m doing well and the weather is slowly getting hotter and hotter but it sounds like I´m going to escape the hottest part of the year.

This is going to be my last 6 weeks as a missionary.  It´s crazy to say that, but I´m ready to work hard through the little time that I have left.  Things are going really well here in Cáceres and I know the Lord has big plans for the branch here.  Here we go!

Love and miss you! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Adamson

Preparation Day with Elder Adamson, Elder Gonzales, and Sister Redd

No comments:

Post a Comment