Monday, February 2, 2015

Elder Adamson's Letter 2/1/2015



Hello everyone!  This week we've gotten a lot of rain here in Granada and we´re been traveling all over the place.  Here's how the week went:

Last P day we went to el Mirardor de San Nicolas again with the new missionaries in the district so they could see the Alhambra and just kind of took a stroll through downtown Granada.  I forgot my camera cable today but I'll send you the pictures soon.

This week we've been staying pretty close to Loveth because she's been having a pretty difficult week.  She's lost her job among other things and has been pretty down so we've been with her just about every day to see how she´s doing.  But, this Sunday she came to church with a big smile on her face and I had the opportunity to confirm her a member of the church.  When she left church she was smiling from ear to ear and she left a lot happier than she came.  I´m positive that she's been having a lot of trials lately because of her baptism, but she's doing a lot better now.

On Wednesday we had our DÍA DE DIAMANTE and we spent the entire day just talking with people.  Elder Metcalf and I went on two opposite sides of a small street and we just went at it.  Later in the afternoon we had two members come with us and do splits.  At the end of the day we had gotten the information of 51 people, and we beat the goal of 2015 futures in the mission.  It was a good day and it has helped me to remember the importance of opening my mouth and letting the truth come out.  In lots of the contacts that I did I could feel the Spirit testifying through me of the truths I was telling the people in the streets.  Now         it´s time for the harvest and we´re going to see how many of these people we can bring to Christ!

This week we have traveled to Jaén for a baptismal interview, and I drove to Málaga and back the other day for an intercambio that we had with the Assistants.  Elder Phipps came with me to Granada and we had a good time.  That night we were able to set a new fecha with Fran who just really needs to take the step to be baptized.  He´s come to church a lot already and has a testimony of the restoration.  We set the fecha with him for the 14th of February so we´re going to see how things go with him.  We´re also teaching a friend of Loveth whose name is Sunny and he has come to church with us two times already, but it´s kind of hard to meet with him.

Things are going really well here in the zone and I'm still loving Granada. I'm more and more thankful every day for the calling that I have to be a missionary.  My time is going a lot faster than I ever thought it would, This time really is so precious to me.  I'm trying hard to use it well.

 Thanks for all the early birthday wishes!  I'll let you know how it goes next week,  Today we have concilio and we've got to head out soon to pay for parking.  I'll send you those pictures soon and I hope you have a great week!

Love you!

Elder Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment