Monday, February 9, 2015

Elder Adamson's Letter 2/9/2015



Hello Family! 

This has been a great week.  I´m having so much fun here in Granada and loving the mission more than ever.    
I´m sending you a ton of pictures today because it´s been a while since I´ve sent any.  My birthday was great yesterday!  Thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes.  I got a lot of really nice birthday calls from the missionaries in the zone and Hermana Giler and Anderson made me a cake and brought it to church.

  Élder Pomazón gave a talk yesterday and contrary to my will he gave me a birthday shout-out over the pulpit...  Wasn´t sure what to think about that... ha ha  Elder Metcalf made sure that everyone sang happy birthday to me just about everywhere we went.

This week we had a great Concilio in Málaga. We talked a lot of setting fechas and we decided that we are going to have a week of setting baptismal dates like we did here in the zone.  Our goal is to have 250 fechas by the 21 of February which is a lot more than we have ever had before. 


 In our zone meeting this week we tried to get everyone excited about the goal and to finish off zone meeting we read the story of Captain Moroni and the title of liberty. I ripped a piece of fabric off of Elder Metcalf that was taped to his back where we had our own title of liberty.  We made little ones for all the companionships in the zone.  Our zone goal is to have 10 baptisms in Febrero and 30 fechas by the 21 of Febrero.  Things are going really well here.


This week we have seen quite a few miracles.  We found a less active named Conchi and her non member husband (Juani) who are very humble and ready to come back to the church.  We have a fecha with Juani for the 21st and he´s doing really well and he´s already come to church 2 times.  He´s very prepared and I think we´re the first missionaries to ever meet him.  Loveth is also doing great despite the fact that she is out of a job.  She´s so happy.

Great things are happening in the mission and I´m loving every minute of it.  This morning I read a talk by President Benson and in part of it he said something like "Christ tries to lift us up to where he is.  Do we desire the same thing for our brothers and sisters."  Christ can help us to build up that desire to help our family and friends to return to live with Him.  He is love personified   I know he lives and that he has been by my side all of my mission.



Love you and have a wonderful week!

Elder Adamson


                                                               
Friends Together Again

and again!!!

and again!

                                                Granada




la Alhambra







What a great district!

No comments:

Post a Comment