Monday, June 23, 2014

Elder Adamson's Letter 6/23/2014

This has been a good week here in Dos Hermanas!

Here it is.

I´m not going to give the play by play this week because I left my journal in the piso this week, but here are the highlights.

On Monday, I got to see L...M...l!! (Recent Convert from Murcia)  He drove all the way from Sevilla to Murcia to come see Elder Johnson and I.  He spent a little time with us for P day and it was great to be able to see him again.  I attached a picture.
Sweet Reunion with Elder Johnson and Elder Adamson
This Friday, President Deere called me to tell me where I was going.  This Wednesday, I´m headed off to San Fernando 2 with Elder Buttars.  I´ve heard really great things about the ward there.  Elder Buttars was in my MTC group, so I know him a little bit and I´m really excited to head over there to start working with him.

 I´m going to miss Dos Hermanas a lot.  Being  in a place for 6 months is pretty long, but you really grow to love all the people and the area.


 It´s going to be another big change to move again, but I´m excited to meet new people and be in a new place.

This week we had a super fun activity in Utrera at R...s house on the FINCA.  We hopped on the train with J..., A..., and A..., and we all headed that way.  When we got there, we played some soccer on a tiny little patch of grass that they had there, and I    don´t think I have ever been so sweaty in my life.  Playing soccer at like 2 pm in the Sevilla sun.  It was tons of fun. but we were all dead tired after that.  After we had a little barbeque, and then played some baseball with a ball made out of a sock.  After we finished playing we all got together and had a good little lesson from J... V... about making good decisions and he had all of the missionaries there comment on how we decided to go on a mission.  It was a really awesome activity.  Later we came back home and went back to work.

As far as investigators go, things have pretty much stayed the same.  We have been asking referrals from pretty much   everybody but the investigators haven´t quite come yet.  We did find a pretty good Ecuadorian man named A... on Sunday.  We found him while we have been going through all of our former investigators and trying to clean it up a little bit.  One of my biggest pet peeves is finding a bunch of former investigators that have almost no information on their paper, but we´ve been weeding those out this week.  We´ve done a lot of walking and it´s getting HOT here, so it´s a good thing I´m heading somewhere a little bit cooler.  My white boy skin can´t take the heat.

Those are all the highlights for this week.  I´ve been really digging into my scripture study this week and I´ve loved it.  The more you study the gospel, the more true it becomes.  If I´ve learned anything with having such an awesome schedule for scripture study every day, that´s it.

Hope you have a great week.  love you all!

Elder Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment