Monday, September 15, 2014

Elder Adamson's Letter 9/15/2014



This week has been CRAZY.  I feel like I´ve been running around everywhere this week, and I´ve been pretty tired all week, but it´s been a lot of fun as well.  Here´s the highlights.

Last Monday, we went to Jerez for our P day and played some good old American football with the zone and played water balloon volleyball too which was pretty fun.  It was fun to run around again because we           haven´t played any serious sports for quite a while.

Tuesday was awesome!  That morning I hopped on a train to Málaga for Trainer´s Training and it was awesome.  I got to travel and everything with Elder Farrell so that was great.  The meeting we had with President was great and the Spirit was really strong.  We talked about the examples we have to give to these new missionaries who have given their names to be full time servants of the Lord.  This whole week there have been a few times when I feel a little worried about training because our area hasn´t been doing so hot, but every single time I get the impression that I´m not going to be alone in it.  We are never really alone in life, but         it´s been really comforting to know that in this moment while I´m getting ready to receive a new companion.  President Deere also talked a lot about how training a missionary is a lot like having a child, so looks like           I´m going to be a dad! ;)  Later that night we went back to the office Elders Piso and left early in the morning to get back home.



This week we´ve been teaching Kevin and Vanesa again and they are progressing REALLY well.  These are some of the most receptive people I´ve seen for a long time.  They´re keeping all of their commitments right now, which is a great sign.  Tonight we´re planning on setting a fecha bautismal and maybe a date for them to get married as well because right now they´re living together without being married.  But so far they´re doing awesome and things are looking really good for the.  They came to church this Sunday too! :)

On Friday, we had a really great District Meeting about bearing testimony, verifying commitments, and repentance, and it was one of the most spiritual meetings we´ve had.  After the meeting, The Guffey´s, a senior couple that is working on the base in Rota came and made waffles for us.  They are really sweet people and they wanted to organize all of it before the missionaries here got transferred.  I´ll attach a picture of it.

After district meeting on Friday, I went on an intercambio to Cádiz with Elder Queirolo and had a great time.  Cádiz is a super awesome city and I got to see a lot more of it walking through the Elder´s area.                     It´s awesome.  I forgot to take my camera out with me, but next time I go, I´ll get some pictures.

This is my last time with Elder Buttars and the truth is that I´m going to miss him a lot. I´ve learned so much from his diligence and hard work.  He´s heading off to the other side of the mission but we´ve become really good friends and I´m sure I´ll be seeing him around.

Elder Queirolo gave a really great talk this week about bearing pure testimony.  It really stood out to me this week because I think it´s something we look over a lot.  Some times we just want to show people all the logic chains of why our church is true, but what really converts the people is the Spirit, and when we testify, we invite Him. Preach My Gospel says:
"For your testimony to have convincing power, you must be sincere. Powerful testimony is not dependent on eloquence or the volume of your voice but on the conviction of your heart."

We need to do this more often.  We do not testify to impress, but to convert.  We testify to show other people what we know and help them see that they can have the same peace we do.  In district meeting we also talked about how the worth of souls is great in the sight of God.  Every one of us is of great worth in          

God´s eyes, including those of His children who have not yet been able to hear His gospel, or those who have strayed from it.  As a full time worker in the vineyard of the Lord, I have a greater opportunity to do this work than I ever will in the rest of my life.

 "And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father..." (D&C 15:6)

I hope I can keep that vision the rest of the time I have left here that is going by so fast.

Thanks for sending the pictures.  I love seeing those.  If you see Sara again tell her I say hello.

Love you all and have a great week!  This is another crazy week coming up so I´m sure I´ll have some good things to report on next week.

Con cariño,  (love)
Elder Adamson

The other picture is with Elder Farrell and Hermana Brooke Anderson.  She went to high school with Elder Farrell and I and she left for the mission about 3 or 4 days after Elder Farrell and I got our calls and now she´s going home.  HOOOOLLLY COOOOOWW.

No comments:

Post a Comment