Monday, September 8, 2014

Elder Adamson's Letter 9/8/2014



Heeeeellloooo.

This week has been pretty great.  We've done quite a bit of walking around and have had a few days of almost nothing, but those are the kind of days that I like to call "opposition days" because without the hard, long days, there wouldn't be awesome, miraculous days. ;)

This week we had a pretty good appointment with our investigators Luis and Loli.  They´re really good people and live in a pretty humble home.  The other day they we went to their home and taught about the Restoration.  The lesson went really well and they understood well.  They´re not married so we´ll have to see what we can do about that.  We set another cita with them later in the week, but they went to the beach.  Fall is going to be very welcome whenever it starts.  The beach is making things complicated here.

As for Victor, we haven´t really been able to talk with him.  As soon as we started getting serious talking about baptism, he just kind of backed off because I think he got a little scared, and he´s not keeping his commitments at all either.  We've been trying to keep up with him and we've passed by a few times to check up on him, but for now he´s kind of lost interest.  We did what we should have with him and we talked about baptism in our very first visit and set a fecha in the second visit.  In our mission right now, we are inviting EVERYONE to be baptized in the first visit and setting baptismal dates with EVERYONE no later than the second visit.

This week we have found some solid new investigators, though.  We've been doing a lot of investigation with our ward list and our area book and we ended up finding Rosa.  She is the mother of a missionary named Victor who got baptized a while ago.  We had a great cita with her and brought Nicolas and María with us.  The lesson was really good, but she kept trying to put up a little barrier between her and us and she would keep saying things like " YOUR religion" "YOUR church" and things like that.  She told us that she was a woman of "little faith" but I think she was a little more interested than she wanted us to think she was.  We´re going to be working with her and I’m going to see if I can get her son´s information so we can work with her a little better.  We were also able to find a couple named Kevin and Vanesa.  Kevin is from Colombia and Vanesa is from Perú.  Last night, we had a really good lesson with them and they accepted the soft baptismal invitation so it looks like we could have some real progression there.  I´ll let you know more about them later.

I received a call from President Deere this week and he told me that I´m going to be training next transfer so that´s going to be really exciting. It’s going to be great. I´m heading to Málaga tomorrow to go to a training for trainers and then I´ll go back the week after to pick him up.  I´m praying for him, and I hope I´ll be able to fit the job of a good trainer.

This week we had Zone Meeting and we got to hear the last testimonies of a few great missionaries that are going home this transfer.  Some of them have been my greatest examples here and I look up to them a ton. It’s crazy that they´re heading home.  One of them shared a scripture from Moroni  7 that said:

3 Wherefore, I would speak unto you that are of the church, that are the peaceable followers of Christ, and that have obtained a sufficient hope by which ye can enter into the rest of the Lord, from this time henceforth until ye shall rest with him in heaven.

4 And now my brethren, I judge these things of you because of your peaceable walk with the children of men.

5 For I remember the word of God which saith by their works ye shall know them; for if their works be good, then they are good also.

I love that scripture so much.  As Christ's disciples, we must be peaceable among the people around us.  We need to love as Christ loves and learn of Him.  Without that vital attribute of charity, there is no way we can become like our Loving Savior.  Later in Moroni 7, we learn how we should obtain His charity and how we will know if we have obtained it

48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

I testify that one day, we will truly see Him as He is, and we will be able to see if we have become like Him or not.  I hope in that day to be able to see that at least a part of Christ has developed in me and that I have come to be like Him by following in His steps. When we develop charity, we will become more true, more faithful followers of our Lord and Redeemer.
   
That's all for this week.  Love you all and have a great week!

"Por sus frutos, les conoceréis"  ("By their fruits ye shall know them")

Love,
Elder Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment