Monday, April 13, 2015

Elder Adamson's Letter 4/13/2015



  Hello everyone! This week has been what I like to call an opposition week...;)  Here's how it went.

So basically this week we've been trying to focus all of our efforts in the city of Granada instead of in the pueblos, because there is a chance that they'll take the car out of our area and move it somewhere else that needs it more than us.  It's been kind of a tough week.  We have been setting citas with lots of people and the great majority of them have fallen through on us, but we are keeping our heads up. 

We got to meet with one of our investigators this week named Osaze.  We taught him about the Restoration with Pedro and we had a really good lesson.  By the end he had it really clear that he needed to ask God if Joseph Smith really was a prophet.  That was one of the highlights of the week. 

This week is transfer week and I wasn't really sure what was going to happen with me so that's why I didn't say anything before. But, I'm getting transferred!  I'm going to CÁCERES and my companion will be Elder González. I don't really know much about the area or Elder González, but Cáceres is a branch of about 30 people from what I've heard.  It's also VEEEEEERY far away.  I'm pretty sure it's the farthest area away from the mission home.  Elder González goes home in 1 transfer and I'll go home the next transfer.  Sooooo weird to say that.  I'm excited to go there and I'm ready to give it my all in my next and last area. 


This week we went to visit Noemí and Victor who are members.  They invited us over for Victor's birthday so we went to visit them for a little while.  We had some cake and told jokes around the table for about 30 minutes.  We had a really good time with them. We're trying to help them now because they're having kind of a hard time.  Really great people. 

I've been saying goodbye to everyone in the past couple days and I have some pictures but I don't dare connect my camera to this computer because we're in a pretty sketchy Internet cafe right now.  I'll send you them when its more safe. :) I don't want to lose all my pictures. 


As I get closer to the end of my mission I really just want to become the best disciple of Christ that I can be.  I think about when President Monson said " I always want the Lord to know that if He needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for Him”.  That inspires me and that's exactly the kind of man I want to be.

Love you a ton and we'll talk soon! 
Elder Adamson 

No comments:

Post a Comment