Monday, April 20, 2015

Elder Adamson's Letter 4/20/2015







Alright, so today has been a little bit crazy and I don´t have very much time to write you, but I want to let you know how I´m doing and what Cáceres is like.

On Wednesday, I arrived in Cáceres with Elder González after about 7 and a half hours on a bus.  It´s not a very big city and it´s pretty calm here, but I really like it.  I was kind of hoping to finish my mission in Andalucía but I´m perfectly happy ending here in Extremadura in Cáceres.  Here we have a branch and in church on Sunday we had 25 people at church.  The capilla is very very small and the chapel is probably about the size of our kitchen at home.  The branch has been here for about 15 years and it's growing slowly but surely.  The members of the branch are mostly Latin Americans.  There are a few Argentinean families, a few Colombians, a few hondureños (not sure how to say that in English) and from a few other Latin American countries.   In the ward we have a senior missionary couple.  They are the Redds and they are from Canada and they live in Florida.  Elder Redd is a counselor in the branch presidency and they´re doing a great job here.

This area is pretty different from what I´m used to working in, but I´m very excited to be working here.  All the other wards where I have served have had about 80 or 90 active members but here we are just about 25-30 at church every week including 4 missionaries.  One thing that I love though is that everyone here is really close and that they support each other a lot.  It´s weird to serve here though because we are so far away from the rest of the mission.

Elder González is great.  He goes home this transfer so I´m going to be his last companion.  He is from Corpus Cristi, Texas but his family is Mexican so he speaks fluent Spanish.  He´s a great missionary and we both served in the same parts of Murcia and Granada just at different times so it's fun to talk about our old areas together.


We have a few people here that we are hoping to baptize this transfer.    We don´t have any fechas with them yet but we´re going to be working on that with them this week.  I´ll give you more specifics on all the people and everything next week when I have more time.

I´m loving Cáceres and things are going great.  I´m pretty close to Madrid.  I think Cáceres used to belong to the Madrid mission a while ago.

Love you and have a great week!
Elder Adamson

Elder Gonzalez   Elder Redd   Elder Adamson


No comments:

Post a Comment