Monday, June 22, 2015

Elder Adamson's Letter 6/22/2015

Hello everyone! Things are going really well here in Cáceres, and it's Getting very hot.  Here's the week in review.

This week we got to go to Sevilla to have our final zone conference
with President Deere.  We got to hear from both him and Hermana Deere.

I gave my final testimony in the conference and Elder Farrell gave his as well.  The Deeres talked to us a lot about after mission life and how we can stay in the path of the gospel which was a very appropriate theme for me since I'm ending this transfer.  We even talked a for a while about choosing our future spouses which was interesting... ;). I'm still going to be able to see them one more time before I go home because I have my exit interview this Friday and then they go home next week.  They have been such great leaders for us here in the mission.  I have been very blessed to be able to serve under President Deere's leadership.  He is a very Christlike and inspired man.


That afternoon we had a lesson with our friend E from Honduras at T's house.  We taught him the plan of salvation and after a very spiritual discussion about the atonement, we set a date for him for the 11 of July.  He is very excited and is doing really well.  He is reading the Book of Mormon and understanding everything and praying about it so he's right on track. 

Today for p day we went to Mérida and had a great time there.  There are tons of Roman ruins there.  I'll send you the pictures soon.  We got to see a theater, the stadium where they had gladiator fights, a temple where they worshiped the goddess Diana, and a bunch of other stuff. One of the coolest things I've seen on my mission.
Getting close to the end of my mission is definitely a very humbling experience.  I'm going to miss this a lot.  My eyes have really been opened on my mission and I would not trade the experiences I have had here for anything in the world.  It doesn't feel real that it's about to end.  Anyway, we'll talk more about that stuff later...

Do we have anything planned for the summer? Just curious.  Also, Elder Lelegren wrote me and said that his family wants to come to my homecoming, but I don't know what time church is back at home this year.  Do you know?

Love you and have a great week!  I'm going to try and send a ton more pictures now.
Love, Elder Adamson










TEMPLE




Chariot race circuit


Long Roman Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment